Exchange Stress for Relaxation, Fun and Memories! (210) 771-0123
Need to Know
If your preferred date is unavailable, call or text for possible last minute cancellation availability.
Lakes where I guide, along with helpful information and website links.
Canyon Lake is located just forty miles north of San Antonio and twenty-five miles west of New Braunfels and San Marcos. Canyon Lake has eight Corps of Engineer Public Parks, 23 boat ramps, two marinas, campgrounds, golf course, country club, and yacht club. The reservoir has a surface area of 8,230 acres, 80 miles of shoreline and maximum depth of 135 feet. For more information click on these website links. - -
Lake LBJ, originally called Lake Granite Shoals, was formed in 1950 by the construction of Granite Shoals Dam by the Lower Colorado River Authority . The lake was renamed to Lake Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965 in honor of US President Lyndon Baines Johnson. The reservoir has a surface area of 6,534 acres, 200 miles of shoreline and maximum depth of 90 feet. For more information click on thes website links. - -
These are boat ramps used at Canyon Lake
These are boat ramps used at Lake LBJ
1. All laws and rules must be obeyed. Examples:
• Valid Texas Freshwater Fishing licenses — unless not required
• 12 years of age & under must wear a life jacket while in the boat, whether moving or not.
• Any fish kept must meet the legal length and quantity limits
2. Only two beers allowed per legal age client.
• No alcohol is allowed when minors are present.
• No hard liquor is allowed.
• Intoxication is not tolerated.
3. I reserve the right to terminate a fishing outing at any time due to intoxication, belligerence or obnoxious behavior. In such cases, no alternate provisions or monetary refund will be granted.
4. Catch and Releasing of all fish is the preferred choice to conserve our resources. Largemouth and smallmouth bass are catch and release only. Keeping crappie is at the client’s discretion as discussed below underr FAQs.
5. All necessary fishing lures and/or live bait is furnished. I reserve the right to charge for excessive lure loss.
6. All necessary equipment: rods, reels and lines is furnished. I reserve the right to charge for damaged or lost rods and/or reels.
7. A cooler is furnished on the boat, so please do not bring a cooler to the boat. If you plan to take any fish home, have a cooler in your vehicle.
8. Clients may use their own equipment, as discussed in FAQs below. Clients are responsible for their own equipment and lure damage or loss.
9. Safety and attentiveness is extremely important so the number of people is limited to four people.
10. Corporate and large groups require special advance arrangements to coordinate with additional guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions are most often asked. If you don’t find your specific question(s) answered below or find them under My Rules, call me or send an email.
What should I consider and bring?
• The Weather Forecast - Layered clothing to cover up or stay warm.
• Rain gear — check the weather forecast
• Sun glasses — polarized is best
• Sun block — you can burn even on cloudy days
• Camera — waterproof digital is best
• Valid Texas Freshwater Fishing Licenses - must be purchased before meeting
Is there a restroom on the boat?
No. However, we are generally within a resonable distanct to a marina with restrooms.
Are lunch meals furnished?
No. However, I do furnish snacks and water. On full day trips, most clients enjoy taking a break for lunch, so we generally eat (Dutch treat) at a local restaurant. This allows time to visit, ask questions, rehydrate and rest. It does not reduce your fishing time on the water... it's just an added service. If you prefer to fish through lunch, bring you own and eat on the boat.
Can we keep fish to eat?
Yes, but no largemouth or smallmouth bass. You may keep a toal of up to 25 crappie per trip, which is plenty. I am a strong believer in conservation and not depleating our resourses. There are no public fishing cleaning facilities on Canyon Lake or Lake LBJ. So, when possible and with advanced notice, I will gladly clean your catch and bag the fillets. You just need to have an ice chest in your vehicle to take the fillets home.
Can we use live bait?
Yes. Minnows and artificial lures are furnished when crappie fishing. Bass fishing is with artificial lures, unless live bait is requested in advance.
Can I bring my own equipment?
Yes. Even though I furnish high quality equipment, some people are just more comfortable using their own rods, reels and lures. Because of space, I do limit the number of rods and reels to four and 1 medium size tackle box. I do find that very few people ever have the correct rods, reels, line or tackle and are handicapped when using their own.
If we get tired of fishing, can we go sightseeing or go in early?
Yes. I am your hired servant for the paid period but there will be no refund for the unused time. However H H
Do rates include transportation?
No. Transportation is not included in the rates. However, special acoomodations can generally be arranged for a fee with advance notice.
How are emergencies handled?
• If a medical emergency forces us to quit fishing early, I will credit the lost time @ $50 per hour towards another trip.
• If dangerous weather forces us to quit fishing early, I will credit the lost time @ $50 per hour towards another trip.
• Credit must be used within three months of original trip date.
• No credit is given for trailing boats or extra people.
How are cancellations handled?
• If I cancel the trip (such as dangerous weather, medical, etc.), you may reschedule or I will refund all money paid.
• If you cancel less than 4 calendar days of our scheduled date and a replacement trip is not scheduled, no money is refunded. However, you may reschedule for another day, but the rescheduled date must be within six months.
Photos of clients having fun!